Jex Chiropractic Spine and Rehab Offers Shoulder Pain Treatment
Jex Family Chiropractic offers holistic wellness services proven to alleviate shoulder pain and other painful conditions. Our Kent chiropractor, who also sees Renton patients, caters to the entire family. We understand that acute injuries and chronic conditions causing aches and pains can prevent you from playing sports or doing everyday tasks that require shoulder movements. Our main goal is to restore shoulder mobility using various treatment approaches designed to target pain at its source.
Common Shoulder Pain Causes
The upper arm bone is connected to the shoulder joint which is supported by the collarbone and shoulder blades in the upper back. The tendons and muscles of the rotator cuff along with connective ligaments cover and protect these joints and bones. Being the most mobile joint in the body, the shoulder is quite prone to pain due to trauma or an acute injury, for example, a fracture or dislocation. Overuse injuries include strains, sprains, tension, tears, or inflammation. Degenerative conditions and shoulder instability also cause pain while misalignment in the back or neck could cause pain to radiate to the shoulder.
Shoulder Conditions Treated with Chiropractic Care in Kent
- Arthritis and bursitis
- Rotator cuff tears and tendinitis
- Shoulder tears, sprains, and strains
- Shoulder fracture and dislocation
- Labral and biceps tendon tears
Typical Pain Symptoms
Your pain may be dull aching, sharp searing, or downright excruciating. Swelling, stiffness, inflammation, and muscle weakness could occur and may limit arm or shoulder mobility. Numbness or tingling is possible if a spinal nerve is trapped.
Shoulder Pain Treatment from Our Chiropractor in Renton
Before treating you with any of the following non-invasive techniques or therapies, we will examine your shoulder for injuries and spine for musculoskeletal imbalances. This helps us to decide if chiropractic care is right for you and choose the appropriate pain-relief methods.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: The shoulder structures can be mobilized and adjusted where joints and bones are out of alignment. If the pain is spine-related, spinal manipulation works to realign the vertebrae and correct imbalances affecting the soft tissue, discs, or nerves.
- Soft Tissue Therapies: Our chiropractor can assist in muscle healing by performing therapeutic massages that relax the soft tissue, reduce swelling, increase flexibility, and speed up healing.
- Nutrition and Wellness Advice: You may be encouraged to do corrective exercises and stretches to rehabilitate the shoulder, eat healthily, avoid certain activities, and practice good posture. These can prevent pain and help you achieve optimal health.
Get Chiropractic Pain Relief for the Shoulder in WA
If you’re looking for a trusted chiropractor that provides lasting pain-relief treatments without drugs or surgical procedures, then you’re welcome to visit Jex Family Chiropractic. We’re located in Kent, WA, but welcome patients from Renton and surrounding cities. Call (253) 859-6441 to make an appointment or request one online.